Today, we’re proud to present our new and improved authorization flow. Meet Smartcar Connect!
Smartcar Connect lets your users quickly and securely link their vehicles to your application. In just a few steps, your users can authenticate with their connected car account and grant your application permission to interact with their vehicles.
Try it out now and read more about our new features:
What did we keep?
- Security 🔐 Connect uses the OAuth 2.0 protocol, keeping the authorization flow secure for you and your users. We handle username and password validation so that sensitive information doesn’t land on your servers.
- Automatic updates ⚡ We’ll constantly update Connect with new product features and additional car brands as we roll out support for them. No need to worry about code changes on your end.
- Design 🎨 Connect has a cleaner look and feel that enables an intuitive experience for every user. We overhauled the entire visual language with more sophisticated typography, brighter colors, and bolder call-to-action buttons.
- Improved conversions 💪 Connect sends every user through a flow that best suits them. Does your user have a connected vehicle? Have they activated their connected car account? Is their vehicle compatible with the requested permissions? We’ll handle all those cases to get your users connected and return important information back to you. Tip: check out the additional errors we’ve added. They will be surfaced in the updated SDKs over the next few days.
How to get started
If you have already implemented the old authorization flow into your app, it will automatically switch to Connect. If this is your first time here, integrating Connect is fast and easy, like so:
Try it out for yourself
- Sign up on our dashboard.
- Use one of our SDKs to integrate right away.
- For more detailed steps, feel free to check out our Getting Started Guide.
And as always, don’t hesitate to reach out with any feedback or questions!