Today, Smartcar is proud to launch its lock and unlock API! 🔑
Our lock and unlock API endpoints allow app developers to lock and unlock cars remotely, using just a few lines of code.
How it works
- Support across car brands 🚗 Regardless of the make and model, Smartcar's API allows apps to unlock any car safely and securely.
- No aftermarket hardware 🔧 Smartcar lets you lock and unlock cars by sending HTTP POST requests to our security API endpoint. No need for physical car keys or hardware devices like OBD dongles.
- SDKs for multiple languages 🔊 Whether your backend is built in Node.js, Python, or Java, and no matter which application architecture you're using, we have SDKs in six languages and the right integration guide for you.
How to get started
- Sign up for free to obtain your client ID and client secret from our dashboard.
- Head to the docs to integrate using our detailed getting started guide or one of our more advanced integration guides.
- Start making requests to our security endpoint. It's as simple as:
- Tip 👇 If you don't have access to a real car, you can use test mode to make requests on simulated vehicles.